I have done a few commissions since I started making props and it seems like I enjoy this sooooo I have seen other people do this and figured it would be a good idea, This way people can decided if they want to order from me right off the bat.
1) All props are made to order. Once you place the order then it is created. (Unfortunately I don't have enough space to keep XYZ amount of copies laying around no matter how much I wish i did)
2) In order to make sure you are serious I ask for half of the payment upfront. This is non refundable as I will be using the first half of the payment to create the prop in the first place.
3) Don't forget to factor in final costs. I will give you my price upfront but don't forget to factor in shipping and taxes.
4) I cannot materialize items in the blink of an eye, I require at least two months notice for most props but the more time you can give me the better.
5) Double check the weapon polices for your con, most of my commissions will be made from resin (plastic) and therefore ok at most cons but that doesn't mean all.
6) Reference images are a wonderful thing, Give me as many as you can find (within reason) from all different angles and points of view. When I work I generally have 30 or so reference images to look at. The less time I spend researching the faster I can get your prop to you
7) If you contact me and get sticker shock thats ok, Just let me know that you want to back out so I'm not waiting for emails that will never come
This list may grow over time, I'm still new to commissions but I hope it works out and that I can get good work to awesome people